paphiopedilum curtisii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeanLux

Reaction score
or do I have to call it Paph superbiens var. curtisii? Anyway, I purchased it in 2005. In march 2005 a spike showed up, but blasted in june. 2006 2 new growths. In feb. 2008 a new spike! This time the flower opened!
Jean

paphiopedilumcurtisii46so7.jpg

paphiopedilumcurtisii46ye3.jpg

paphiopedilumcurtisii46oe7.jpg

Very nice plant and flower Jean.

In Cribbs book Thei Genous Paphilopedium he writes.

The name P. curtisii has persisted in cultivation.
He then writes that he follows Braem and Koopowitz who have treated
curtisii as a varity of P. superbiens.

soo Paph superbiens var. curtisii is today the accepted name.

neat! how long has it been open?

my superbiens is in sheath! i'm so excited!!! the flower seems to last a long time.

This is very nice Jean

I've tried a few NBS plants of this species and they have all done poorly.

Please describe what you are doing for yours.

I did a selfing on mine last year, Paph. curtisii 'Twilight' (Samantha x alba Silver Stature). I sent it to Troy Meyers for flasking about 4-6 weeks ago. It should produce about 1/2 alba offspring.

Tom

thanks Berrak.

3-4 days likespaphs, If there is still improvement in the flower shape, I 'll post another photo

Rick, I got this as a 1growth youngster for 10 Euro. After the bud blast, I repotted it and it got the 2 young growths. One of those 'exploded' conc. size, and spiked in feb. this year. Whereas the plant used to have rel. high light (no direct sun), I suppose that it was going to spike after I put it in somewhat lesser light (because it was growing out the disponible space it had before :) ). I have rel. high humidity in my greenhouse, water with room-temp water and fertilize unreg. +/- every 10 days!

The variation within this species for leaf patterns/ color, flower shapes is wide. That's why there is so much confusion over naming this species. Look at some of the old Orchid Digests and you will seea varity of leaf patterns and color shades growing next to each other. I tend to call this particilar flower curtisii.

thanks Berrak.

3-4 days likespaphs, If there is still improvement in the flower shape, I 'll post another photo

Rick, I got this as a 1growth youngster for 10 Euro. After the bud blast, I repotted it and it got the 2 young growths. One of those 'exploded' conc. size, and spiked in feb. this year. Whereas the plant used to have rel. high light (no direct sun), I suppose that it was going to spike after I put it in somewhat lesser light (because it was growing out the disponible space it had before :) ). I have rel. high humidity in my greenhouse, water with room-temp water and fertilize unreg. +/- every 10 days!

What kind of temperature ranges are in this part of the GH?

Latest posts

Back