Paphiopedilum charlesworthii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streetmorrisart

Reaction score
First-blooming of my Paph. charlesworthii seedling:

paphcharlesworthii.jpg

The dorsal would have appeared fuller had I eclipsed the green-dotted staminoid like a lot of people do in their photos, but it happens to be one of the things I like most about this species. Please inquire about price if you're interested through my website, www.streetmorrisart.com...this is an original watercolor painting on 140Ib cold press, acid-free paper; the pigments are also professional, and I only use those with the highest lightfastness rating, not that any artwork should be hung in the path of direct sunlight. The painting size is roughly 6.5" x 8.5", and the paper is 9" x 12". It's, of course, much nicer in person!

Hope you enjoy.

Glad you guys like it. Charlesworthii was never very high on my list to grow or paint (I'm a parvi girl), but the flower is really nice in person--certainly very unique. In case any of you are interested, the cross is 'Nori's Red' x 'Flat Top' (Orchid Inn); of course there's been some artistic license taken here, but the colors, shape and symmetry are all pretty close.

Latest posts

Back