Paphiopedilum charlesworthii fma. sandowiae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I purchased a compot from Hillsview in 2019. This is the second on to bloom from that compot. The first one had a deformed pouch so I did not post about it.
I am hoping this one continues to open but time will tell. 3 more are in low spike. This is very exciting for me, since these are appearing to bloom more readily than my typical charlesworthii which are much more mature plants.

20211027_101057.jpg

If you have one from me, it is from the same compot. Mine went through a growth spurt this year.

very chunky plant and flower is quite nice... how many did you keep (and keep alive) from the compot?

Thanks all!

very chunky plant and flower is quite nice... how many did you keep (and keep alive) from the compot?
I think I kept 6 or 7 from the compot... thr compot might have been 12-15 small seedlings. I lost at least one or two. I know I have 4 left and all 4 spiked this year. I thought I had 5 still but not sure what I did with number 5.

I think I kept 6 or 7 from the compot... thr compot might have been 12-15 small seedlings. I lost at least one or two. I know I have 4 left and all 4 spiked this year. I thought I had 5 still but not sure what I did with number 5.

thanx for sharing that... always wonder about compots of these pseudo tricky things... one of the grex that I bought a few years ago was so week that the vendor i purchased from gave me specific directions and set expectations about growing them and trying to keep them alive... (yes i'm being specifically vague about the vendor to avoid anything poorly reflecting on them ;-) - they are good people!)

Gotta love it when many plants in a tricky to grow species mature from flask

AND they flower,

AND they are nice!

:)

congrats!

Latest posts

Back