Paphiopedilum charlesworthii fm. sandowiae ‘Her Majesty’ FCC/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations! Albas dont get much better than that plant!

And it truly IS a great feeling. I distinctly remember when I heard “we have reached and averages at 93.”

Congrats and enjoy!

Tyler
Thanks Tyler. It is indeed a feeling that is indescribable: surprise, shock, disbelief, pride, honor and happiness all rolled into one. In fact I think I trembled and felt weak knees at that moment when I walked up to the FCC team, beaming with a smile from ear to ear. And to hear the team says 'welcome to the exclusive club of the FCC!' was too much to bear lol. I had to pinch myself to make sure it wasn't a dream.

Getting many HCC's and AM's were indeed happy moments (around 30 in total now), but achieving the coveted FCC which I have dreamt of since I knew about it was pretty damn amazing (!!!). Like winning a Nobel prize lol.

Still on cloud 9 here lol.

I just got my first FCC today at judging! Now I know how Tyler felt! I’m on the moon still lol.

Presenting ‘Her Majesty’, the charlesworthii album with 90 points! The 4th FCC to be given by the Toronto Judging Center (TJC) in over 30 years!

View attachment 37173
View attachment 37175
View attachment 37176View attachment 37174

I named this as a tribute to my treasured friend Sue Davis who passed away recently. She was a beautiful soul and we all miss her.

This plant was originally Eggshell’s who sold it to me many moons ago because his conditions didn’t suit it anymore. Thanks for a lovely plant Ibn!
What a great achievement! Huge congratulation from Down Under!

Thanks Tyler. It is indeed a feeling that is indescribable: surprise, shock, disbelief, pride, honor and happiness all rolled into one. In fact I think I trembled and felt weak knees at that moment when I walked up to the FCC team, beaming with a smile from ear to ear. And to hear the team says 'welcome to the exclusive club of the FCC!' was too much to bear lol. I had to pinch myself to make sure it wasn't a dream.

Getting many HCC's and AM's were indeed happy moments (around 30 in total now), but achieving the coveted FCC which I have dreamt of since I knew about it was pretty damn amazing (!!!). Like winning a Nobel prize lol.

Still on cloud 9 here lol.
Leslie, similar feeling state with CCE and CCM awards!

A massive congratulations on your first FCC award. You have reached Mt Everest. Fully deserved too. That dorsal is pure perfection, as you would expect for an FCC quality flower. Great growing too. These are much harder to grow than the multi-florals. 🙂

Yeah baby , so for those who weren't there, I was, I got to write the description. Almost the easiest I have ever done. Usually an award of this level, demands adjectives galore, but this really is a simple flower. Green and white. But as we were scoring, and we were looking at each other our thoughts and nods were affirming. The dorsal form is the best we have ever seen. The clarity of color was outstanding and the richness and depth of color I'm sure was integral to achieving this score. Examined under a 20 power no blemish could be seen. The color was crisp, clean and bright like a white top hat. Frank Charley Charley!
All you had to say was dorsal form was best you’ve ever seen!!! But then there’s so much more…. Thanks for the judge’s eye view description.

Leslie, I could not be more thrilled for you. 🎉👏🏻😍. Frankly I’m surprised you don’t have a handful of FCCs. You are an amazing grower!! The fact that this is your first speaks to the very exceptional quality required for one. On this one, the genetic stars aligned perfectly. CONGRATULATIONS, it is gorgeous and perfect in its classic simplicity. Nothing to distract from its perfection

Leslie, I could not be more thrilled for you. 🎉👏🏻😍. Frankly I’m surprised you don’t have a handful of FCCs. You are an amazing grower!! The fact that this is your first speaks to the very exceptional quality required for one. On this one, the genetic stars aligned perfectly. CONGRATULATIONS, it is gorgeous and perfect in its classic simplicity. Nothing to distract from its perfection
Thanks so much SB… the stars sure lined up for this one perfect moment in time!!!

Latest posts

Back