Paphiopedilum charlesworthii fm. sandowiae ‘Her Majesty’ FCC/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrLeslieEe

Scholar, Addict and Aficionado of Orchidacea
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got my first FCC today at judging! Now I know how Tyler felt! I’m on the moon still lol.

Presenting ‘Her Majesty’, the charlesworthii album with 90 points! The 4th FCC to be given by the Toronto Judging Center (TJC) in over 30 years!

95D4E108-9F69-43A8-8323-F922954204A0.jpeg
61F7D785-D492-454C-BEB3-48F1315559C3.jpeg
2A46800A-CE86-4EFF-A0F7-AAE8A9734362.jpeg752680C0-3128-4A13-8993-7A5E51B50198.jpeg

I named this as a tribute to my treasured friend Sue Davis who passed away recently. She was a beautiful soul and we all miss her.

This plant was originally Eggshell’s who sold it to me many moons ago because his conditions didn’t suit it anymore. Thanks for a lovely plant Ibn!

Yeah baby , so for those who weren't there, I was, I got to write the description. Almost the easiest I have ever done. Usually an award of this level, demands adjectives galore, but this really is a simple flower. Green and white. But as we were scoring, and we were looking at each other our thoughts and nods were affirming. The dorsal form is the best we have ever seen. The clarity of color was outstanding and the richness and depth of color I'm sure was integral to achieving this score. Examined under a 20 power no blemish could be seen. The color was crisp, clean and bright like a white top hat. Frank Charley Charley!

Yeah baby , so for those who weren't there, I was, I got to write the description. Almost the easiest I have ever done. Usually an award of this level, demands adjectives galore, but this really is a simple flower. Green and white. But as we were scoring, and we were looking at each other our thoughts and nods were affirming. The dorsal form is the best we have ever seen. The clarity of color was outstanding and the richness and depth of color I'm sure was integral to achieving this score. Examined under a 20 power no blemish could be seen. The color was crisp, clean and bright like a white top hat. Frank Charley Charley!
Thanks David! As you were one of the judges on the FCC team I thank you for giving such a high score for the flower. Such a memorable moment when you turn over to me and uttered ‘Frank Charlie Charlie’ lol.

I decided to change the cultivar name to 'Immaculate' based on the award description. Also because I wanted a name that would be memorable and a term that could only be used on a FCC.

I'll save the one 'Her Majesty' on another future award.

Latest posts

Back