Paphiopedilum charlesworthii alba

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrLeslieEe

Scholar, Addict and Aficionado of Orchidacea
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blooming earlier ... not sure why but a few cooler growing paph species flowering are early (normally fall to spring aka September to March).

Used to be my dream plant through the 90’s lol. Now I have several different cultivars.

Dorsal sepal a big small but cute nonetheless. May expand over a few days.

NS = 7.5 cm
DS = 4.5 x 4 cm

1A2982AC-3138-46D4-B831-781AF39FD816.jpeg0AF44E6F-8046-4181-AAE3-FE5A3896DE6B.jpeg03D6015F-6AE1-49CA-9164-946637F69B8C.jpegE1E293D0-335A-4992-A58D-B66E74BD1113.jpeg56C5EB3B-12A8-4F43-B51B-420FDC997AFB.jpeg8E66E16F-CC93-4BDC-8B68-F743BB2E8D72.jpeg

It's a nice and cute flower though the dorsal is slightly narrow for a P. charsworthii. Nevertheless I would be glad to have it in my collection and I think you are it too.

got a few of Sam's different cultivars, haven't killed them yet... ;-) hoping for some blooms this year.... love seeing yours...

thanx for sharing...

It's a nice and cute flower though the dorsal is slightly narrow for a P. charsworthii. Nevertheless I would be glad to have it in my collection and I think you are it too.
I think it’s cute the way it is but the dorsal is growing. Will update pics in a couple days.

Mine from Popow is in bud now. Hardly dare to say it - if I jinx it, and it blasts, I'll sit in a corner for a few days, making wierd noices. My henryanum just had two buds blast - still three to go :eek:

Mine from Popow is in bud now. Hardly dare to say it - if I jinx it, and it blasts, I'll sit in a corner for a few days, making wierd noices. My henryanum just had two buds blast - still three to go :eek:
Stay calm and don’t move it! Keep it where it is and water well.

Don’t fret over it too much!

I find that buds blast if I change the conditions it was developing in. Control your urge to try to baby it more.

Leslie, with the expanded dorsal it looks (better) more like a P. charlesworthii should look like. Don't mind about the crack it doesn't reduce the beauty of the flower and I assume....you didn't intent to bring it to judging.

I did what I advised others not to do. I moved the plant to stake the flower, and in doing so, damaged it. Sighhhhh...

But thanks both for the nice comments.

We may start judging next month, depending if our numbers (rate of infections) here in Toronto stay low as now. But this is one ‘chid that’s definitely staying home schooled due to bad hair day 🤭.

Leslie , your Paph. Charleswothii album comes from Sam?

Latest posts

Back