paphiopedilum canhii seedling

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cxcanh

Reaction score
I do hope that we'll success with this species.
Do anyone in this forum try it? and how the result?
Do anyone want to try it? let me know ASAP so I might send for you to try.

2_1.jpg

Awsome, my brother!!! I do hope you succeed, I beleive you are trying to save the species by propogating

I am interested. There is a business, Troy Meyers, that specializes in propogating species, and is free.If your Private Message box was not full, I would contact you.

I am interested. There is a business, Troy Meyers, that specializes in propogating species, and is free.If your Private Message box was not full, I would contact you.

Let me clean my in box

Yeah, I was going to suggest contacting Troy Meyers as well. I assume there could be some legal issues with sending live seeds to the US, and if so, I hope you're able to at least find someone to successfully propagate those pods throughout the rest of the world.

Are you posting this on other forums? Maybe some folks here can help spread the message to other international forums and really help get those seeds out there.

I would look at the ph of the rock and soil where they grow and adjust the agar around that. I got two flasks a few years back but they had low germination levels. I have several plants from those flasks now and one has flowered at last. I hope to get this species in flask as CITES in my country deems my plants legal and will help me export my flasks if only I can make them. We selfed one. No luck though. another may be spiking.

I would look at the ph of the rock and soil where they grow and adjust the agar around that. I got two flasks a few years back but they had low germination levels. I have several plants from those flasks now and one has flowered at last. I hope to get this species in flask as CITES in my country deems my plants legal and will help me export my flasks if only I can make them. We selfed one. No luck though. another may be spiking.

Can you tell us the growing tips? temperature, mix, watering & fertilizing regimes and such?

I hope you eventually succeed!

All I can hope for s1214567 87 is that these people here are supportive of this, so far everybody has gotten furious at the mention of it, good luck!!!! Save the species!!!

Well it has had some problems lol. Some ar**hole in Australia reported to CITES saying I imported or smuggled my canhii and rungsuriyanum into Australia. CITES Australia contacted me to ask for proof of legal import. So I sent them several emails in which they had given me instructions on how to legally import those flasks. I also sent copies of my phytosanitary permits which stated Paphiopedilum canhii and Paphiopedilum rungsuriyanum tissue culture/flasks on them. CITES Australia emailed me back to say my plants from these flasks are legal in Australia.

However some here in Australia and overseas. You know the type, vindictive, jealous, ego driven. They still like to gossip even though the truth is proven.

Well it has had some problems lol. Some ar**hole in Australia reported to CITES saying I imported or smuggled my canhii and rungsuriyanum into Australia. CITES Australia contacted me to ask for proof of legal import. So I sent them several emails in which they had given me instructions on how to legally import those flasks. I also sent copies of my phytosanitary permits which stated Paphiopedilum canhii and Paphiopedilum rungsuriyanum tissue culture/flasks on them. CITES Australia emailed me back to say my plants from these flasks are legal in Australia.

However some here in Australia and overseas. You know the type, vindictive, jealous, ego driven. They still like to gossip even though the truth is proven.

Thank you for remind and information, I also worry that many governments will see in different views and not from conservation point and respect that

I'll try to arrange time to send as more as I could to you because I'm traveling to makes photos of 5 different Paph blooming. One of them I nerver did before, juat to complete my photos collection of all Vietnamese's Paph species

I beleive there is people not far away that would burn those, if they could, people on this site, because they could have been from wild plants

Hi Mr Canh
I would be very pleased to sow some seeds of canhii for European hobbysts but how about the plants in the future? will they be legal even from seed grown plants?
Thank you.

Hi Mr Canh
I would be very pleased to sow some seeds of canhii for European hobbysts but how about the plants in the future? will they be legal even from seed grown plants?
Thank you.

I see, it just work for some country only.

Mr. Cann I messaged you. Please let me know if that will work for you. Thanks and much appreciated for sharing amongst the forum members.

Latest posts

Back