Paphiopedilum canhii in the wild

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cxcanh

Reaction score
This is the blooming season for this species. I just made this photo few hour ago.

hai_zpse5c2fd6e.jpg

Excellent photo, again!
It looks like the plant receives some direct sunlight (in the morning)?

Very cool! It doesn't look like pictures of canhii that I've seen, but I haven't seen many. Do you have a picture of the habitat?

Very colorful, thanks Mr. Canh. :) I only know of a couple of the plants here and in Europe, hopefully there will soon be some propagated for our enjoyment.

Excellent photo of this unique specie!!!
I'd like to ask only about media what it grows in....rock? Leaf litter? Moss?

Oh, another: have you ever seen album variety in wild?

Ohhh, just the last: have you ever tried (or anyone) with arteficial propagation with success???

Wonderful, Canh! Thank you for sharing. What is this species considered related to? Looks oddly like yet not like a Parvisepalum...

Is this a very wet habitat? We have some similar moss species (Climacium) around here, found primarily in seeps and creek bottoms.

Excellent photo of this unique specie!!!
I'd like to ask only about media what it grows in....rock? Leaf litter? Moss?

Wonderful, Canh! Thank you for sharing. What is this species considered related to? Looks oddly like yet not like a Parvisepalum...

Is this a very wet habitat? We have some similar moss species (Climacium) around here, found primarily in seeps and creek bottoms.
I'm wondering this, also. It looks like it is growing on moss in rock crevices.

Thank you all four your interest and nice comments.
This species love dry habitat but cold at night, the root stick on rook and that place also have moss and don't.
This also not love direct sun-sign.
This time I took 1 fruit for my friend to try in his lap (he success with many species already)
I saw one plant 3years ago that can be album and this time I try to come back to make photo of that one (it can be bloom now) but I did not success, I lost that place.

hai1_zpse0a5ab06.jpg

Latest posts

Back