Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

DrLeslieEe

Addict and Aficionado of Fine Orchids
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Well grown .... and bifloral!

Please post when all flowers open.

Reaction score
Will do, looking forward to seeing them all open. It is the first time there has been more than 1 flower per inflorescence.

Guldal

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Hello Fiona,
I find it a very nice sublaeve, you have there - nice, harmonious form, well proportioned, good stance and good colours! The plant itself looks great, too, and really thriving. Keep up the good growing - and you will soon have a gorgeous specimen plant at hand!
Kind regards, Jens (Copenhagen, Denmark)

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Reaction score
Awesome flower of this species and a very well grown plant. If you want to know more what's came into my mind when I saw this plant in flower.......read the contribution of Jens (Copenhagen, Denmark). 👍 👌

Reaction score
Thank you for all the kind remarks. It is one of my favorite orchids and I look forward to it flowering every year. Flowers without fail.

Paphluvr

Reaction score
What differentiates 'var sublaeve' from other forms of callosum? I think mine that is in bud, and is also bi-floral, is the same as this but it is just labeled as Paph. callosum. Nice flat dorsal, by the way.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
they are overall smaller plants with smaller flowers. To me, the patterns on the leaves are also different but that can be highly variable from plants to plants. The same goes for the flower shape. Also, it tends to form a clump readily compared to typical callosum.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you all, rather pleased with the colour as well. I bought it from a dear
friend many years ago.

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Reaction score
Again a pretty bunch of flowers....and the plant seems to get bigger and bigger. 👌