Paphiopedilum bullenianum bud

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrLeslieEe

Scholar, Addict and Aficionado of Orchidacea
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm so excited to see this open!

Took 2 years to establish after a harrowing trip back from Japan. From a select plant of Hanajima Orchids with scarlet red petals.

Anytime soon... šŸ˜…

20210208_181903.jpg20210208_181839.jpg20210208_181828.jpg20210208_181925.jpg

Looking forward to see it!
How much light does it need? I got a seedling one and a half years ago. Since I moved it to a darker spot I think it is developping an elongated growth...

I can t see differences.Geographical difference is not a reason to mention them as separate sp.Eg. cyp. calceolus can be found in many places in the nature all around the world.

Istvan, I wrote 'among other fifferences' and not 'the only difference is' !! Read the describtions in the links carefully and you will find at least 3 differences which are necessary to create a new species.

Istvan, I wrote 'among other fifferences' and not 'the only difference is' !! Read the describtions in the links carefully and you will find at least 3 differences which are necessary to create a new species.
Thanks, i will look after.My eyes could see the same till this time.

Among other differences, their origins are completely differnt. Have a look here Paph appletonianum and Paph. bulleanum
Here's an appletonianum from a friend to compare:

IMG-20210108-WA0062.jpg

Differences in staminodes, roundness of pouch bottom and petal/dorsal angles, from my observations.

I will look further into literature.

Latest posts

Back