Paphiopedilum bougainvilleanum opened

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nicely done! I'd like to see this plant again, especially after you get it to clump.I

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Very, very nice! :)

Looking foreward to see my own bloom soon - the plant itself doesn't look especially big compared both to my wentworthianum and my violascens..but it seems well rooted and there is a second growth coming along...sooooo... What do you say: in the due course of time...or maybe, good things come to those who wait?! :wink:

Nice! They all look very healthy. I have seen a bougainvilleanum for sale but can’t even imagine seeing wentworthianum. What a find!

can someone explain the difference between bouganvilleanum and violascens?
Bougainvilleanum is a subspecies I think.It lives only on Bougainville Island where violascens does not live. Leaves pattern is very different and flower looks like a very pale form of violascens.Because of geographical isolation I think it is subspecies.Because of taxonomical rules it is different species.

Whatever its status, I really hope you manage to guide it through the post-flowering growth slump that seems to be so prominent in this section. Does anyone have a good approach to dealing with that they could share?

Dodidoki, may we have an update on your bougainvilleanum and wentworthianum? Has there been good growth in the last nearly 2 years?

Where did You buy it? I bought one on ebay from a seller called Falconer - but some people warned me about him - his material isn´t save in a way according to them - does anyone know more about him? I have made no further experiences with this guy, but the plant I bought looks like bougainvillianum to me as I remember it (thats 20 years ago on an exhibition flowering...) Anyone knows a source for bougainvillianum (and wentworthianum as well)?

Latest posts

Back