Paphiopedilum barbigerum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

paphjoint

Enjoy

Paphiopedilum%20barbigerum.jpg

That's pretty nice and reinforces my love of this species.

Here's my question....many of you have posted photos of P. barbigerum and various primary hybrids with multiple flowers on a single specimen-type plant, however, my barbigerum produces one growth, then one flower, then one growth, and one flower and so on. I assumed this was because the plant is only out of flask for about 3 years now. Will mine eventually start putting out more than one growth and eventually hold multiple flowers? Is it a fertilizer issue? I tend to be on the lower side of fertilizer strength and frequency. What do ya'll think?

Here's my question....many of you have posted photos of P. barbigerum and various primary hybrids with multiple flowers on a single specimen-type plant, however, my barbigerum produces one growth, then one flower, then one growth, and one flower and so on. I assumed this was because the plant is only out of flask for about 3 years now. Will mine eventually start putting out more than one growth and eventually hold multiple flowers? Is it a fertilizer issue? I tend to be on the lower side of fertilizer strength and frequency. What do ya'll think?

Constant feed = Constant growth.Living things gain size when food supplies are abundant.More fertilizer will equal more growth, plants need raw materials to build tissue with.

What is the lower side of strength & frequency?
Lance certainly makes a good point but fertilizing isn't the only factor in culture. I would think specimen plants are produced with overall ideal culture, which would also include light, humidty & air movement.

Back