Paphiopedilum barbigerum var. aureum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was super excited to see this one opening. It was only been open for a day or so. So, I am not sure if it will open more, but I was too excited to wait. This is my first paph seedling to bloom from flask. These were pretty slow the first year. Then really took off the this year. This is the first one to bloom. There is one more in bud. As cute as a button.

20200911_095414.jpg20200911_095429.jpg

I was super excited to see this one opening. It was only been open for a day or so. So, I am not sure if it will open more, but I was too excited to wait. This is my first paph seedling to bloom from flask. These were pretty slow the first year. Then really took off the this year. This is the first one to bloom. There is one more in bud. As cute as a button.

View attachment 22164View attachment 22165
Good job...Did you say above, two years from flask to bloom?

View attachment 22164View attachment 22165
Beautiful!!! I think the flower will still expand a little more. Usually it takes about three days for a paph to fully open. I would love to grow this species but my growing conditions are too warm. Your aureum form is especially nice. Congratulations!!!

Bill had these in hobby flask also... parents weren't named... still waiting for mine to stop dying ;-)

loving yours.. (as usual)

Latest posts

Back