Quantcast

Paphiopedilum barbigerum var. aureum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Djthomp28

Reaction score
I was super excited to see this one opening. It was only been open for a day or so. So, I am not sure if it will open more, but I was too excited to wait. This is my first paph seedling to bloom from flask. These were pretty slow the first year. Then really took off the this year. This is the first one to bloom. There is one more in bud. As cute as a button.

20200911_095414.jpg20200911_095429.jpg

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Reaction score
Congrats, to grow from flask and finally flower this beauty. It's really cute and nice and I like it very much.

DrLeslieEe

Collector of new, rare and albino paph species
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Well done! This one makes MaMa proud.

Be interesting to see how the dorsal holds up after a few more days. Are they ‘Albino Beauty’ x self?

Djthomp28

Reaction score
Thanks all!

Well done! This one makes MaMa proud.

Be interesting to see how the dorsal holds up after a few more days. Are they ‘Albino Beauty’ x self?
Agreed. If things change I will update the thread. These are 'EJZ' x 'ZeeDee'. Unfortunately I don't know much beyond the names of the tag.

Duck Slipper

Reaction score
I was super excited to see this one opening. It was only been open for a day or so. So, I am not sure if it will open more, but I was too excited to wait. This is my first paph seedling to bloom from flask. These were pretty slow the first year. Then really took off the this year. This is the first one to bloom. There is one more in bud. As cute as a button.

View attachment 22164View attachment 22165
Good job...Did you say above, two years from flask to bloom?

setaylien

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 22164View attachment 22165
Beautiful!!! I think the flower will still expand a little more. Usually it takes about three days for a paph to fully open. I would love to grow this species but my growing conditions are too warm. Your aureum form is especially nice. Congratulations!!!

richgarrison

Reaction score
Bill had these in hobby flask also... parents weren't named... still waiting for mine to stop dying ;-)

loving yours.. (as usual)

Latest posts