Paphiopedilum barbigerum var aureum ('Albino Beauty' x self)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrLeslieEe

Scholar, Addict and Aficionado of Orchidacea
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got this one from Tropical Gardens in Vancouver in bud. What a cutie with small plant structure (leaves less than 10 cm each) with large alba 7-cm flowers (slight damage from transport in check-in luggage). Love the teacup style. Part of my burgeoning alba paphs collection.

barbie album TG 2019.jpg

I think this one looks very similar to the parent 'Albino Beauty' as posted previously. This shows the consistency of the genes of the parents for size and colour. I have another sib in bud and will compare after in this post.

Jens, why are you discontented with your plant?

Both gorgeous!

Concerning my own Albino Beauty-division from Sam...I'm a little worried as it doesn't seem to be in the best of growth... I've been way too busy at work lately, but will inspect it closer next time, I'm watering!

Btw. if the albinistic forms of helenae and barbigerum respectively are the Queen and King of your album collection, I wonder what rank has been ascribed to P. charlesworthii fma. sandowiae? Queen Dowager...or Empress ditto?! ;)

Another grower also noted that the barbigerum aureum ‘Albino Beauty’ is slow growing as well. Might be the cultivar. The babies of the selfing seems to be more vigorous.

In regards to the alba rankings, charlesworthii fm. sandowiae is the Emperor Charlemagne. He is presently holding court below overseeing the fairrieanum bohlmannianums (aka Fairy Princesses) blossoming.

7A7FF28D-F2DD-498C-A8F0-8203B97B9B52.jpeg E9933666-A43C-4434-A9E1-015CC4C9E10B.jpeg 1E94DEE9-7A66-4048-B72F-E2349674B8BC.jpeg

If you put the wish list in your head, it will materialize like mine. Just keep wishing, hoping, begging and annoying the nurserymen. Someone will give way!

Latest posts

Back