Paphiopedilum armeniacum 'Orchid Court'; five flowers

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tenman

Reaction score
This plant, which garnered me a CCM a few years ago, now at ~45 growths, seems fixated on having 5-7 flowers, so I'm going to try to up my game this year and see if I can get more. last year, two inflorescences each had more than one flower. This year, 5 spikes, 5 flowers. Still, all in all, I'm happy with it and the flowers are fairly large as well. Two of my small plants (15 ansd12 growths respectively) are also in flower, though only two flowers on one and one on the other. The fourth plant (~20 growths) has two spikes which mysteriously both blasted. They're all baskets lined with sheetmoss and filled with a fine bark mix. These go outside the GH in the early spring and get probably 75% sun, and stay out til nights dip beloiw 40ºF. Never dry, and up high in the GH for maximum light. Fertilized with a K-lite type fertilizer weekly in the summer, monthly in the winter. GH is set at 70ºF days during the winter (plus whatever the sun, if any, adds) and 60 ºF nights.

armeniacumocfive0122.jpeg

armeniacumocfull0122.jpeg

Tennis, every time when I see your excellent cultivated P. armeniacums with plenty of flowers my lower jaw is dropping down. What a feast for the eyes. 👌 👌

I can grow Micranthum and Gold Dollar, but have failed miserably with Armeniacum on multiple attempts. I believe the "...never dry..." is what I can't achieve. Gorgeous plant!

Latest posts

Back