Paphiopedilum armeniacum basket culture success story

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I noticed with my misting system the basket gets dry quickly so the water is not soaking all the way through. Thus, I placed the basket under one of the mister nozzels that drips water for an hour after I turn off the mister. It seems the basket is holding better water now.

I'm a bit cautious about watering these plants (or any plants too heavily). I've lost too many due to rot. In fact, I lost my previous armeniacum this way but looking back I believe it was due to not changing the medium earlier. With the extra water, I'd imagine the media will break down sooner than normal and one would need to keep an eye on it....

It's very difficult to over water these plants when grown in this way. I think that you'll notice that the plant may require top dressing of media as it grows. Don't be afraid to do this. The plant will grow right through it. Indoors, I water daily in the summer and every other day in the winter with ~50-70% humidity.

Latest posts

Back