Paphiopedilum armeniacum and X micranthum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought two plants of micranthum. When they flowered years later, they turned out to be two bastards like this.
Are the plants or the fotos of the the plants still alive? Was it in the last millennium, Mike?

Here the micranthum x armeniacum Baby

The color of the lip is inherited from the father, not from the mother

Attachments

• Paphiopedilum micranthum x armeniacum.JPG
    Paphiopedilum micranthum x armeniacum.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Yes, I am very excited, because it seems to be the first cross between these two species in the universe with micranthum as the mother . :)

Wow~ it has taken so long but it is finally blooming!
The flower is nice and chunky. And beautiful yellow like it should be.
By the way, Fumi's Delight has been made with micranthum as a pod carrier. I have seen flowers and one can't tell them apart. They all look like Fumi's Delight.

Wow~ it has taken so long but it is finally blooming!
The flower is nice and chunky. And beautiful yellow like it should be.
By the way, Fumi's Delight has been made with micranthum as a pod carrier. I have seen flowers and one can't tell them apart. They all look like Fumi's Delight.
Unfortunately, I only saw photos of this hybrid Fumi's Delight with Paphiopedilum armeniacum as the mother. But I also see no difference to the flowers of my plants.

I wouldnt expect there to be a difference (I know some people claim there is but basic genetics suggests otherwise. I dont know if paphs have mitochondrial DNA which is transmitted maternally, like in humans)

The second seedling is more like the mother with her white and pinkPaphiopedilum micranthum x armeniacum Marl b.JPG

Back