Paphiopedilum appletonianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My greenhouse has a polycarb roof with shade net sides. It is placed about half a meter from the southern side, towards the center, which is darker here in the Southern Hemisphere. In the summer I add an extra layer of shade net above the paphiopedilum. It is planted in a mixture of bark, peat, crushed dolomitic stone and Leca, in a narrow, tallish pot that drains well. During the summer it is watered as it dries, about every 5 days and in the winter as it dries on warm days, every 7 - 10 days. The plant remained in the greenhouse through the winter and opened fully before I brought it into the house. Our minimum winter temperatures range between 2 - 7 C with a daytime range of 14 - 22 C max. Our daytime summer temperatures range between 22 - 34 C. We live on an estuary at the coast, so the humidity is usually good. I foliar feed once a month during winter and every two weeks during summer.

Latest posts

Back