Paphiopedilum appletonianum?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anca86

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody
Look who's saying hišŸ˜‰
Update: in the mean time, prof Braem told me that this is not appletonianum. Any guesses?

Attachments

• 20210704_162856.jpg
    20210704_162856.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 20210704_170342.jpg
    20210704_170342.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Could be a cerveranum due to the tail at the bottom of the staminode (as discussed in my earlier post).

What was reasoning for Braem's dispute and what did the professor say it was?

Could be a cerveranum due to the tail at the bottom of the staminode (as discussed in my earlier post).

What was reasoning for Braem's dispute and what did the professor say it was?

Thanks, Leslie šŸ™‚
Prof Braem said it might be a wentworthianum. He says that the staminode are not the one of an appletonianum. He asked for more pictures when the bloom will be fully opened.

........Prof Braem said it might be a wentworthianum. He says that the staminode are not the one of an appletonianum. ........

At any rate this isn't Paph. wentworthianum because neighter the shape of the flower nor of the staminode fit to this species. The whole flower but the staminode looks like of the Paph. appletonianum complex (appletonianum/celebense/bulleanum). Who says it's a true species ? Maybe its a hybrid....for example with P. sangii?? P. sangii has a weird staminode and the shape of the flower isn't that far of P. appletonianum. ??

Back