Paphiopedilum Alois Handlbauer (Fanaticum x hangianum)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love it! The color is exceptional, the staminode is gorgeous, it's fuzzy as can be, and I love the floppy unconventional shapes you get with these Parvies. Nothing wrong with perfectly flat, round flowers but c'mon, after the 10,000,000,000,000,000th round and flat Paph flower it gets a little boring.

Two questions: Is it fragrant? And where'd you acquire it from?

Damn! Mine blasted... Would have been nice to compare! Maybe next year. And I like it, but then not many I don't!

Thanks all! I will be excited to see how the shape changes as it matures.

I had not thought to smell it. Happy to report it has a sweet candy fragrance. Maybe cotton candy...

Also, this one is from Sam Tsui at Orchid Inn.

I love it! The color is exceptional, the staminode is gorgeous, it's fuzzy as can be, and I love the floppy unconventional shapes you get with these Parvies. Nothing wrong with perfectly flat, round flowers but c'mon, after the 10,000,000,000,000,000th round and flat Paph flower it gets a little boring.......

Agreed. When I wrote 'hopefully the shape will improve....' it doesn't mean that I'm hoping of a flat and round flower.

Latest posts

Back