Paphiopedilum acmodontum ‘Joy Luck Club’

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rest assured, it will in the end! I for my part just have to take a look in the mirror every morning...:eek:

"For all flesh is as grass,
and all the glory of man
as the flower of grass.
The grass withereth,
and the flower thereof falleth away."

As good old King James hath it!
But for now, we enjoy the beauty that is this flower 🌸 lol.

Oh, the joy!

Leslie, Great it’s kept its shape and color for so long. Do you know the clonal parentage? I have one that’s labeled ‘Magnifico’ x sib. Hoping it will have good shape and colors too.
The tag doesn’t help lol... x sib from QF

BABCD8A5-721D-4B80-8A06-F37268183851.jpeg

Sorry ...

I have 2 or 3 more that might or not be in bud as I don’t look at them lol.

When it says (x sib) it’s not a selfing. It’s a cross with another acmodontum, either from same pod or another line.

That’s right. My tag though does not say x sib, it just says ‘Magnifico’ - and I doubt it’s a division of the original plant. I guess it could be a selfing, a sib cross or an out cross depending on what was missing from the tag?

.........Think it’s brighter pink or am I imagining things? Still pretty flat petals for now..........

I second your and Martin's impression, the colours look more intense in your second photo shooting. But we all know colours are different in different light and on photos they are influenced by the white balance. So who knows ?

Latest posts

Back