Paphinia cristata ‘Cardinal’s Roost’ AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is very unusual, and the pictures are beautiful and crisp too. (I really need to pay a bit more attention to taking my pictures)

Not really Jean. It has been grown for a while a mix or NZ Sphagnum moss and coarse perlite. It was in that mix when I bought it last winter, I repoted in the same mix in spring. The grower told me to water often. I give it low light, intermediate temps (cooler last winter, min 13 at night). Maybe less water in winter. High air movement.

That is very unusual, and the pictures are beautiful and crisp too. (I really need to pay a bit more attention to taking my pictures)

It was not easy to take a decent picture of this plant since the flowers look at the floor and since the light is not very good in the living room. I usually use a tripod indoor but not this time because my tripod was too tall. I decided to use the stab. fonction of the lens, to select ISO 800 and to crawl on the living room floor....

It was not easy to take a decent picture of this plant since the flowers look at the floor and since the light is not very good in the living room. I usually use a tripod indoor but not this time because my tripod was too tall. I decided to use the stab. fonction of the lens, to select ISO 800 and to crawl on the living room floor....

True dedication! Only time I crawl on the living room floor is after a couple too many scotches!:eek:

Not really Jean. It has been grown for a while a mix or NZ Sphagnum moss and coarse perlite. It was in that mix when I bought it last winter, I repoted in the same mix in spring. The grower told me to water often. I give it low light, intermediate temps (cooler last winter, min 13 at night). Maybe less water in winter. High air movement.

Merci Lise !!!!
I have to try more of them! I should get a new herrerae by saturday!
Jean

Back