Paph ?????

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shariea

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I purchased a compote of plants labeled Paph. acmodontum a year and a half ago. This is the first to bloom (of course it is the one I gave to a friend)DSCF8367.JPGDSCF8369.JPG, and it is WAY not acmodontum. Can anyone hazard a guess? It really is quite nice. The leaves are mid-green, slightly tessellated, and the flower stem sits at about a foot tall at present.

I purchased a compote of plants labeled Paph. acmodontum a year and a half ago. This is the first to bloom (of course it is the one I gave to a friend)View attachment 20894View attachment 20895, and it is WAY not acmodontum. Can anyone hazard a guess? It really is quite nice. The leaves are mid-green, slightly tessellated, and the flower stem sits at about a foot tall at present.
It shows affinities with Paph. lowii but I am not sure about the other parent(s). I would inform the grower you bought the compot from and ask him what he thinks it could be.

I had to use flash, as Esther's grow space is shaded in the morning. Also--The last 2 pictures are off my plant that is close to flowering, as the leaves on Esther's blooming plant look yellowy. I did my best, but my camara is old and doesn't do good close shots.

Attachments

• DSCF8491.JPG
    DSCF8491.JPG
    193.7 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCF8494.JPG
    DSCF8494.JPG
    196.6 KB · Views: 48
  • DSCF8490.JPG
    DSCF8490.JPG
    197.3 KB · Views: 48
  • DSCF8495.JPG
    DSCF8495.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCF8514.JPG
    DSCF8514.JPG
    257.9 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCF8513.JPG
    DSCF8513.JPG
    288.8 KB · Views: 36
The long red fat petals and dorsal base greenish color is definitely from lowii.

The second parent gave the red stripes on dorsal as well as the intense spots on petal basal half. It also gave a red pouch. Along with the light mottled leaves, it leaves only one parent that can gives these other qualities.... anyone can guess? 3 guesses?

Latest posts

Back