Paph ?????

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

shariea

Reaction score
I purchased a compote of plants labeled Paph. acmodontum a year and a half ago. This is the first to bloom (of course it is the one I gave to a friend)DSCF8367.JPGDSCF8369.JPG, and it is WAY not acmodontum. Can anyone hazard a guess? It really is quite nice. The leaves are mid-green, slightly tessellated, and the flower stem sits at about a foot tall at present.

shariea

Reaction score
I have another plant pushing a flower stem--maybe open in a couple of weeks. Plus three others that just stare at me. "SIGH"

setaylien

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
I purchased a compote of plants labeled Paph. acmodontum a year and a half ago. This is the first to bloom (of course it is the one I gave to a friend)View attachment 20894View attachment 20895, and it is WAY not acmodontum. Can anyone hazard a guess? It really is quite nice. The leaves are mid-green, slightly tessellated, and the flower stem sits at about a foot tall at present.
It shows affinities with Paph. lowii but I am not sure about the other parent(s). I would inform the grower you bought the compot from and ask him what he thinks it could be.

monocotman

Reaction score
Check with the vendor! They may have an idea. it’s a nice thing and very vigorous if it’s flowering a year and a half out of compot!
David

shariea

Reaction score
I did dig out the original tags today. There is a broken off one that says ocmodonum 'Pomglo', and a newer one that adds Paph at the front. I am doubtful that the vendor would be any help

DrLeslieEe

Collector of new, rare and albino paph species
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Shariea... Can you retake pics of matured flowers as I think the bloom you showed is just opening. Also pic of the staminode will help too.

shariea

Reaction score
I had to use flash, as Esther's grow space is shaded in the morning. Also--The last 2 pictures are off my plant that is close to flowering, as the leaves on Esther's blooming plant look yellowy. I did my best, but my camara is old and doesn't do good close shots.

Attachments

Latest posts