Paph. (Yellowstone x primulinum 4N)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

I crossed Paph. Yellowstone (=Elfstone x armeniacum) with one of our 4N Paph. primulinum's. This is the result:

It looks like a giant Paph. primulinum. This is it compared to a regular Paph. primulinum:

In-case you are wondering what the Paph. Yellostone look like, here is a picture:

Robert

That is really nice, Robert! The petals don't bother me. After all, cochlos have wonky petals and this is half primulinum. Plus, the petals are symetrical. I think it's got a very interesting, pleasing shape. It wouldn't have the appeal to me if the petals were flat. Sure, it'd be considered better show quality; but, it still wouldn't be as nice to my eye as it is right now. Good cross!

I agree with John that the influence of primulinum should remain visible in the petals, just not sure if I like this particular angle in which the petals are held.
Looks like the substance has greatly improved over the Yellowstone parent, the dorsal is good, the colour is bright: a pretty good flower.
Getting this cross to work is quite an achievement in my eyes, considering the genetics.

Back