Paph. Xiuya Flying Swallow

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chien

Reaction score
25855882680_48923b0c5a_c.jpg

This clone can make 6 flowers on a spike, but this time it only makes 3 flowers. Anyway, I like its color and shape.

25855882680_48923b0c5a_c.jpg

This clone can make 6 flowers on a spike, but this time it only makes 3 flowers. Anyway, I like its color and shape.

Chien I'm really glad you posted this because I have been looking for some quality seedlings of this cross for quite some time. It's really one of the most exciting multiflorals I've ever seen and your photo has reminded me that I need to keep looking.

I would love to see that with 6 flowers!!!

I hope this won't be seen as a thread hijack, but how about 5 flowers and a bud?

This is Paph. Xiuya Flying Swallow 'Chouyi Dragon' at the 2014 Taiwan International Orchid Show. The crowd was flowing pretty fast so I wasn't able to get a better angle on the entry tag before I was pushed past. This cultivar's form seems a bit more to resemble Paph. Julius, but I think I find the form or Chien's flower a bit more interesting.

xiuyaflyingswallow2.jpg

This is Paph. Xiuya Flying Swallow 'Chouyi Dragon' at the 2014 Taiwan International Orchid Show. The crowd was flowing pretty fast so I wasn't able to get a better angle on the entry tag before I was pushed past. This cultivar's form seems a bit more to resemble Paph. Julius, but I think I find the form or Chien's flower a bit more interesting.

xiuyaflyingswallow2.jpg

Glad to see this photo, because yesterday, I just chatted with Mr. Tsai, the owner of Chouyi Orchids, about this hybrid. He has another great Xiuya Flying Swallow(not the same clone with that one on 2014 Orchid show) with very very wide dorsal! I saw two awarded Xiuya Flying Swallow in the book 'Paphio in Taiwan IV', their dorsal were 4.6cm and 4.8cm. The dorsal of my plant is 5.1cm. But Chouyi's plant can reach 6.2cm, that's amazing! He shared the photo with me, if you really want to find something great, you can't meiss that one!
25678871533_37fc9106d6_c.jpg

What a great cross. They are all wonderful but that last clone is incredible. That dorsal is wider than most roths. Has it been awarded?

What a great cross. They are all wonderful but that last clone is incredible. That dorsal is wider than most roths. Has it been awarded?
No, Chouyi did not send it to be judged, maybe he has too many ribbons already.

Latest posts

Back