Paph. Wossner Vietnam Wings

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob, when I first read Orchid Fever I found it unbelievable but then I heard of someone's pollen being stolen at a judging so I had to take a more serious thought. I still don't like the impression that commercial success can lead to all the nonsense that has/is happening but.. I would just tell the OP that I bought it at Wallmart! Oh well, thanx for the input, now where did I put those certs?

From an email from Terry on this:
"{( moquettianum 'Pine
Ridge' X vietnamense ('1814A' X 1815A')} - which means that I made the
hybrid cross using one of the vietnamense that bloomed in a seed tray
from a flask that I purchased from H.P. Norton (Orchidview in Monchs
Corner, SC) and I put that pollen onto my breeding quality moquettianum." ..... "the vietnamense is legal
and it came out of one of his flasks that he is supposedly selling
legally and, if you want, I can email you everything including the
Invoice from Antec to Orchidview and the FedEx receipt from Orchidview
to Pine Ridge Orchids."

Well, I'm just excited about staying up all night tomorrow hoping to see the Easter Bunny, just like I do Santa each year. How about you Blake? Bye!

What are you trying to say Bob??? By that, are you trying to infer I'm making all of this up?? If so, good Lord your one step away from being like Peter and his PK mess. Don't get me wrong, I HIGHLY respect you, but i dont appreciate the way you have approached this. I'm not stupid enough to post an illegal plant on the internet and if disputing the authenticity of every vietnamense hybrid that someone posts on the internet is going to be your new hobby, then we can definitely not be expecting your web store to open back up anytime soon. You're going to be a very busy man.

I think Bob was just saying that you can't believe everything you're told. I did not read any inference to your making the story up at all.

If you think about the time line, the seller's story is difficult to believe.

I think that Antec released P. vietnamese flasks around 2002 (please correct me if I am wrong Bob).

That would mean he would have to bloom it in 2003. Set a pod (about 9 mos, putting us at 2004). Let it sit in a lab for a year (2005) and then bloom them a year later out of flask (2006). I know it's 2007, but the year is very new so you can't really count it yet. This is difficult to believe considering most other sellers are only just blooming the original flasks in 2006.

Lien

Blake, I have not intended to upset you, just make you think. However, your response I find quite rude and contradictory, you would not take such a tone if you had "respect". I will simply say in augmentation to Lien's post above that HP Norton did not get one of the first releases, at least from my memory. I'm not going to go to the trouble to look it up, people will believe what they want. We made these flasks available on a first request, first supply basis to "anyone in good standing with AnTec Laboratory", playing no favorites to try to be fair. We sold them to people we do not care to associate with as freely as people we dearly care for as customers and friends. In fact, my only great hurt in this thread was finding out that HP fronted for someone to get them a flask, that is greatly disappointing to me as I feel betrayed by someone I love as a person, but I will have to swallow that my own way. BTW, where have I been questioning vietnmense hybrids elsewhere as a hobby. Try reading what I say with your brain, not your gut, I don't care unless someone associates my business with it. When I reopen our web store has nothing to do with forum nonsense, it has to do with when it will best for my wife's health. I have tried to come to this forum and see where I can offer some help, something I don't see the registered vendor's doing much of. Most of the experienced people who can offer serious insight and history are busy people, that's how they got to be in the position to know what they do. To have to deal with the fraud's is bad enough, but when you start getting insulted by overexhuberent misreading it's tough. No Phrag, I'm not threatening to take my ball and leave the game, but understand that time is precious. I've felt a desire to try to contribute something again to the Paph community, eventually it will be in large additions to ladyslipper.com , but in the meantime I decided to give this forum a try because it is a bit different. Blake, calm down. You appear to be a very well meaning, bit overenthusiastic person - but read and think about what is written and respond with your brain, please, for my ability to continue.

Bob, I apologize for my previous post. I have been quite edgy in the past few weeks since having my paypal account hacked. I should not have taken it out on you though, I'm sorry. I just found it hard to believe that such a reputable vendor would lie to me. I mean, I could understand that coming from chinesegreen, but Pine Ridge seems to have a good reputation.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back