Paph. Wossner Vietnam Love

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great colour with very little colour break.
(did you fix the white balance)?

I shot the photo in RAW. The colour is pretty accurate. It is darker than say the bubble gum pink you usually get with a Magic Lantern. Still it is not dark like some of the top clones of this cross. It has a few shape isues as well.

Wonderful!!!
How long it took from seedling to bloom???

I think I may have got it as a small seedling in 2006. I got it from P&R Orchids who have long closed.

So these are more harder to grow then magic lantern?

I struggle with Magic Lantern as well so I don't think I'm good at growing this group.

That is dark, then. Very nice.

It is funny. I don't consider it dark. This is what I consider dark and the ideal colour to hope for. The colour is more vivid and intense too. I'd certainly be disappointed if mine was lighter than what it is. It would just be a Magic Lantern then.

http://dear.smartweb.tw/index.php?module=product&mn=2&f=content&tid=59991

David, I'd have doubts about a bright crimson pink for any paph - that photo looks very over saturated.
In fact, I was going to ask if you've changed monitors recently. It seems like a lot of your recent photos are more saturated than usual.

In fact, I was going to ask if you've changed monitors recently. It seems like a lot of your recent photos are more saturated than usual.

I got a new monitor a year or so ago. Maybe it is the new monitor. The photo is shot in raw and I didn't touch the saturation. I guess I'm going to have to reduce the saturation in my photos.

I think it's one gorgeous bloom and I like it much better than the one
on the link. The foliage is beautiful as well. Anytime you're dissatisfied
with it, I'll give it a good home.

David, what is the white balance setting on the camera? What programme do you use to open/convert the file?

Cloudy. Photoshop CS 6.

Nice job keeping it going and blooming. Is it still a single growth?

Just a single growth. It is not a strong plant so it may struggle to flower again. I find that apart from the multi-florals, the other Paph groups seem to flower first and then they initiate a new growth. This often means the plants are too weak to grow on. The multi-florals tend to have a strong new growth when they flower and hence kick on well after flowering.

Latest posts

Back