Paph Wossner Vietnam Bell

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
Posted earlier, Conco-Bellatulum X vietnamense

HCC today as Paph Wossner Vietnam Bell 'Strawberry'
Paph%20Wossner%20Vietnam%20Bell%20Strawberry%20HCC_zpsflvyzmpb.jpg

Thanks Eric. I forgot to mention today was an annual Judges Workshop. There must of been 10 judges per table from all over Texas and Louisiana.

Interesting outcome. I saw a similar cross in bloom. It was a Wossner Vietnam Beauty (bellatulum x vietnamense). Flowers seem variable in size, but some clones had flowers that were impressively large for the size of the plants.

Interesting outcome. I saw a similar cross in bloom. It was a Wossner Vietnam Beauty (bellatulum x vietnamense). Flowers seem variable in size, but some clones had flowers that were impressively large for the size of the plants.
It reminds of VMP but with way more spotting.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Very beautiful colors, but please help me out here, aren't the dorsal sepals supposed to be erect? Not being critical, just trying to learn. I'm sure it wouldn't have gotten the award if it was a deciding factor in points. Thanks

Very beautiful colors, but please help me out here, aren't the dorsal sepals supposed to be erect? Not being critical, just trying to learn. I'm sure it wouldn't have gotten the award if it was a deciding factor in points. Thanks

There isn't many of this cross out there on the net and the ones I found were badly distorted (3) With Conco-Bellatulum as with many Brachys cupping can be an issue. This flower does cup some. The PIC is of an hanging flower, very weak stem coming from the bellatulum genes. The judges stalked the flower up higher then I presented it to start off. Doing so the flower gives a straight dorsal appearence. This is its third blooming, in the past I have stake the flower. Due to the large size and weight of the flower it presents floppy in all kinds of plains. Clearly not awardable IMHO previously.
This time I just let it do its own thing and it came out wavy but with balance so I took it in. The point score rounded up to 79

I will try another PIC with the flower staked tonight if I have a chance.

What are the dimensions on the flower?

I will try and post measurements tonight also.

Latest posts

Back