Paph. Wossner Tigerkuli

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Ed M

A nice primary hybrid of tigrinum x sukhakuli that produced large flowers (12cm).

Great Photo! Do you use a special lighting system? Great resolution. Flower is interesting too. Cross it back to suk and see if you can improve the doral?

Hi all, glad you like it. The "short spike" is an optical illusion, the flower is leaning towards you and the stem is actually about nine or ten inches long.

If I'm remembering rightly, this photo was taken in the greenhouse. Sometimes I use several 500 watt halogen lamps if daylight isn't available. I use an Olympus C5050Z camera and I adjust the white balance for the lighting. Background is black velveteen.

On a very general note....if the species was discovered after 1990, it's not likely to be legal, especially if it came from Vietnam. tigrinum was described in 1990, from plants that had been imported before the CITES ban took affect, so they are legal. Paphs coming from countries that are CITES signers are also likely to be legal, like gigantifoilum, which is now available as seedlings and hybrids. By the way, in the SLA newsletter there is an article by Holger Perner about barbigerum varieties and relatives...and he states that they are all (including helenae) being flasked in China at a nursery that plans to distribute them internationally, with full CITES documentation...Take care, Eric

Latest posts

Back