Paph. Wossner Koloniv

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
niveum 'Ponkan' AM/AOS x kolopagingii 'Krull-Smith'

Paph_WossnerKoloniv.jpg

I love these brachy x poly crosses, and I think Koloniv might be my favourite. Why don't I have one?

Yours is very good – just a little bit of turning in the petals, and the pouches are perfect! The striping on the dorsals is very nice too.

How does this one run in terms of flower and plant size? I mean, kolos are huge, and nivs are tiny . . .

:clap: very nice ! Those brachys x poly are said to be hard to bloom. Once in a while I see one of those on Ebay, sometimes with 7+ growths , that obviously have never bloomed !

Any culture tips ?

:clap: very nice ! Those brachys x poly are said to be hard to bloom. Once in a while I see one of those on Ebay, sometimes with 7+ growths , that obviously have never bloomed !

Any culture tips ?

It might be true, hard to bloom, but I have Psyche X kolopakingii that I got from a dead friend. Of course being dead he wasn't able to take the best care of the plant;) Anyway, it came to me as a 2 growth, mature plant. After repotting, watering and fertilizing, it took off. Two years later, it looks like it is in bud and each mature growth put out 2-3 new starts. So it's a 7 or 8 growth plant and spiking. I'm not saying that every plant listed on Ebay has the same history as this plant but I do have other similar crosses and they all do the same thing with the exception of Paris, no blooms.

I like not every hybrid but I like this one. This cross turned out really well - no wonder with this excellent parentage !!
Best regards from Germany, GuRu

Dot,

I'm not a big ouher and aher, BUT I really like this one.

And I don't mention this as often as I should, but your photography is superb, as always.

charlie c

How does this one run in terms of flower and plant size? I mean, kolos are huge, and nivs are tiny . . .
The leaf span is 18" and the flower spread is 5" -- the leaves look more like niveum's in pattern and shape. It's a pretty plant, but this is the first flowering -- it has growths, and most of them are mature. I've had it for about two years, as wasn't sure if it would ever bloom for me. I had it outdoors under shadecloth last summer, and now I'm growing it under 4" fluorescent lights in my basement "greenhouse."

Thanks for the compliments, everyone.

Eric, I'll try to take a photo of the plant for you. It's a time factor right now: helping huz with a computer project, working on our Orchid Show next weekend, and putting together our society newsletter. Busy busy busy!

Latest posts

Back