Paph. Wossner Koloniv

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

lothianjavert

This is not the prettiest thing, though usually the blooms are a bit better than this (for some reason on this blooming the pouch is a little lumpy :confused: )

Generally it gets 2-3 flowers per spike, that's it. It's main redeeming quality is that it grows like a weed, and blooms easily. Usually 2-3 spikes at a time (2 more spikes are on the way, but the spike I photographed will be gone by the time they mature)

paphwossnerkolonivzp0.jpg

One of these days, I would really like to bloom out that elusive, -stunning- brachy or parvi x multifloral....

Thanks. However, I rank it as only somewhat more tolerable than the sanderianum x bellatulum cross being discussed. I've seen pics of drop-dead gorgeous ones, but I just didn't get one of those.

At least it's prolific. :rollhappy: I've been debating whether to keep it or not, but with the amount it blooms and grows (and has beautiful foliage) it's in that sense earned a growing spot. I probably will eventually part with it in the quest for something with better form. :eek:

Now, if only I could bloom some of those -other- novelty or interesting crosses... umm... sanderianum x ciliolare.... woluwense (another beautiful grower, seedlings from antec, HUGE now... but no blooms), Rolfei (someone else's castoff they gave up trying to bloom....) Devayani (phillipinense x druryi), Cooksonii..... ARGH! I have quite the collection of non-blooming oddballs.

Really a beautiful flower.I have one which is BS so keeping my fingers crossed for a bloom soon

Why do you think it is not a pretty thing?
I think it is quite nice.

I like it ... has a "relaxed" form which I find endearing ... does make me think of pyjamas somehow !!

Latest posts

Back