Paph. Wossner Jade

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candace

Reaction score
I bought a compot of this cross from Antec several years ago, it's (niveum 'Spring Snow' x malipoense 'Green Glass') They're cute and easy to bloom. This one has a small color break on the staminode and the photo isn't the greatest as our lighting here in CA is pretty non-existant right now. It's storming again with winds up to 60mph. Even with all the lights on it's still dark.

This one has another bud coming.

WossnerJade.jpg

Thanks guys.
Very nice! is it right that the pouch is pure white, whereas the dorsal is more greenish yellow? Jean
Yes, that's what it looks like. I don't know if that will change as it ages.

really nice ! did you grown it in SH as a seedling as well ?
Yes, it's been in s/h for at least 3 years. It's in hydroton, but when it needs potting up will put it in the Crop King leca since my paphs due better in that. Pretty much, when I buy a compot and receive it in a bark mix I transfer over the larger seedlings right away in warm weather. I've found smaller seedlings can struggle in my conditions, getting used to s/h, as the they have tiny root systems that only go down into the leca so far. They can dry out too much and go to plant heaven:> So, I have better luck with transfering larger seedlings. Depending on how I feel, I may let the smaller seedlings grow up in the bark mix or at least clump them all together in a mini-compot in the leca to help protect them from excess drying.

Back