Paph Wossner China Moon (armeniacum x hangianum)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

L

L I Jane

This was a little unusual as both buds on stem opened at the same time so awkward to display.

Barry

Reaction score
I think this one should be armeniacum x emersonii

L

L I Jane

According to Orchid Wiz, Wossner China Moon was listed as armeniacum x hangianum so that's why I listed it that way. :)
After writing this I opened up another can of worms.I went out to check label on plant & found another label underneath the Wossner China Moon that said Paph Franz Glanz so I'm really confused..Maybe others will weigh in.

L

L I Jane

BTW how do I make my pics smaller so they aren't as fuzzy?I know when I post to Facebook they are nice & clear.

Ryan Young

Reaction score
I would agree with Barry, looks like a Franz Glanz, is closer to emersonii rather than hangianum, pouch looks more yellow vs petals/dorsal, no pink flush in petals either. Very good form nonetheless!

Ozpaph

Reaction score
Its a lovely flower. I would have been tempted to pinch the other bud to improve the display and flower size.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
You need to get rid of Eric's camera!:poke:

That is a fantastic improvement over armen X emer

wonderlen3000

Reaction score
Either way it looks very nice. Both FG & WCM unbloom plant looks almost identical. FG usually carry only one flower, but WCM are known to produce double flower frequently. But yeah all the WCM, flower has very deep canary yellow. My WCM is in bud know, will post it once it blooms.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
WCM comes in different shades of yellow, actually.
Also, I have not seen any WCM with two flowers per stem. not saying it's not possible.

Latest posts