Paph Wood Wonder 'Stunning Reflection'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paphioland

Reaction score
WoodWonder1.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg

NS-14.9
dw-7.4
pw-3.2

Last edited:
Is it "Consistent", "Hassle Free", and with "Superior Reliability"??? :)

(note the background in the bottom pic)

I agree that the flower is huge and delicious. But is it open all the way? When I see the bottom of the pouch hiding the staminode, I translate that to cuppiness. In a perfect world, the dorsal and synsepal would lie in one plane and the pouch would sit against the synsepal at a low angle. Not to be a killjoy or anything. This is a keeper!

-Ernie

Confused

That's a super flower! And the top pic is great. But I'm confused by the measurements. Either you have really small hands if the measurements are in cm or really large hands if the measurements are in inches. Is the ns correct?

Is it "Consistent", "Hassle Free", and with "Superior Reliability"??? :)

(note the background in the bottom pic)

I agree that the flower is huge and delicious. But is it open all the way? When I see the bottom of the pouch hiding the staminode, I translate that to cuppiness. In a perfect world, the dorsal and synsepal would lie in one plane and the pouch would sit against the synsepal at a low angle. Not to be a killjoy or anything. This is a keeper!

-Ernie
It is the angle of the photo. I only have two hands so when I hold it vertical and take a pic for size reference the angle is not the greatest. The first pic shows the proper angle of the pouch. The flower is almost as flat as paper. No cuppiness at all

That's a super flower! And the top pic is great. But I'm confused by the measurements. Either you have really small hands if the measurements are in cm or really large hands if the measurements are in inches. Is the ns correct?

Actually I do not have small hands at all 20 cm when out stretched. The measurements are in cm. The flower is not going from my wrist to middle finger tip. The measurements are now correct, there was a typo. Thanks

:clap: :clap:I'm normally not into maudiae types BUT this one is a WOWSER!!! :drool::drool:

Bet you get a 77 if you bring it to judging. Mass. show is in a few weeks.

Funny Ernie.
Monster Maud! I really can't get into Maudies with massive synsepals. The whole appeal of Maudies to me is the lightly build of the flowers. If I want a round flower I go for a complex "bulldog". Light flower, a Maudiae.

Latest posts

Back