Paph. Woluwense culture?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Something that always sticks out to me is Paph. woluwense, and I traded mine a long time ago (4+ years ago) but was told that takes a crazy long time to flower, is there a reason why? Is there a way to possibly shock it into flowering? Scrolling through sites, I've seen a couple of them available. I absolutely love the way it looks, but not sure if I'd like to wait 15 or so years for it to flower, I'd be 39 by then lol.

I have had a few for 10+ years. I'm not great Paph grower but I bet it will be another 10 years until they bloom, if ever.
How large are they? and what are your conditions? I'd like to get one again, but would probably have to sit on the windowsill instead of be in my enclosure. Last I remember, they had a wide wingspan.

I would have to find them. I know I have some, they just haven't bloomed. I am an apartment grower, Southern exposure, warm, we water every day.
Got it, I'm an apartment grower as well with southern exposure, but am able to water every 3 days or so since almost everything of mine is in an enclosure. This might just have to sit outside of it and watered more often.

Something that always sticks out to me is Paph. woluwense, and I traded mine a long time ago (4+ years ago) but was told that takes a crazy long time to flower, is there a reason why? Is there a way to possibly shock it into flowering? Scrolling through sites, I've seen a couple of them available. I absolutely love the way it looks, but not sure if I'd like to wait 15 or so years for it to flower, I'd be 39 by then lol.
Maybe you could ask Werner for advice? I guess Woluwense has quite like cultural requirements as his P. ang-thong x rothschildianum. I reckon, though, that he is in no small degree helped in his culture by the fact that he lives in Thailand: P.godefroyae v. ang-thong X rothschildianum

Maybe you could ask Werner for advice? I guess Woluwense has quite like cultural requirements as his P. ang-thong x rothschildianum. I reckon, though, that he is in no small degree helped in his culture by the fact that he lives in Thailand: P.godefroyae v. ang-thong X rothschildianum
I'll probably reach out and see if he has any tips. I wish I lived in a more tropical environment so I could have outdoor space instead of bipolar weather here in Oregon.

There a thread here about my orchids/apartment, "Miscellaneous Stuff". Some people find it amusing.
Jeez! Just took a stroll through that thread, and you have quite the diversity! I'm always afraid of purchasing pleurothallids, let alone have them outside of an enclosure! Does your apartment get pretty humid? or do you have a dehumidifier to keep it at a certain set point? I definitely understand why you'd have to water everyday lol

Latest posts

Back