• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Paph. Winston Churchill

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FourEve

Reaction score
I know it’s a long shot! I want to find a Paph Winston Churchill!
I know OrchidWeb/Orchids Limited will have a bulldog type cross in the spring. I was hoping to find a true W. C.

I have a rescue doggo that I named Winston Churchill and thought it would be fun to have a paph of the same name! He had a rough first 5 years, but I’m giving him the best life now! Gratuitous dog pics added for attention.

Attachments

• 869CE8EF-E5DC-4E02-9F63-0F74C63F0E45.jpeg
    869CE8EF-E5DC-4E02-9F63-0F74C63F0E45.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 77154027-07F1-48AB-BA35-D089CE7CEC07.jpeg
    77154027-07F1-48AB-BA35-D089CE7CEC07.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
  • 13914F99-EBEF-4C47-A400-564F813B84C8.jpeg
    13914F99-EBEF-4C47-A400-564F813B84C8.jpeg
    893.1 KB · Views: 1
They come up occasionally but you really have to be on top of it. They sell quickly, and are usually pretty expensive. I have 'Indomitable' (and maybe 'Redoubtable' - but it was pretty weak). I don't divide them very often because I usually am trying to make crosses when they bloom... :)

I don't know where you are in U.S but if you are an experienced grower and you can afford/are willing to pay $800 (plus insurance and overnight shipping), I have a 2-growth division of W.C 'Indomitable' FCC/RHS/AOS.

PS, If you are a new hobby grower, I would suggest you wait till you have a good growing condition and more experience, then get one.

Last edited:
I don't know where you are in U.S but if you are an experienced grower and you can afford/are willing to pay $800 (plus insurance and overnight shipping), I have a 2-growth division of W.C 'Indomitable' FCC/RHS/AOS.

PS, If you are a new hobby grower, I would suggest you wait till you have a good growing condition and more experience, then get one.
Sending a DM!

Mine came from Jack/Val Tonkins many years ago... I've bloomed it a few times, so for the sake of my personal and the Tonkins reputations, I would guarantee that it is the real thing (true division). "Imdomitable" is the one with spots and hardly ever available...like Eric said, "Score" indeed if you find a real one.
Since this is the last division that I have, I am in no hurry to get rid of it yet. FourEve is a new hobby grower, plus her growing condition concern, so probably, it isn't wise to take up a special plant like this one IMO, so we kinda decided just to wait...

Hi, did you ever find it?
Hi! I found someone who has one. We agreed I would hold off on purchasing to see how my orchids fare over a cold, dry Midwest winter.
My current collection is actually doing amazingly well so far! I have new growth on my catasetums and on several paphs and on my 3 phrags!

Hi! I found someone who has one. We agreed I would hold off on purchasing to see how my orchids fare over a cold, dry Midwest winter.
My current collection is actually doing amazingly well so far! I have new growth on my catasetums and on several paphs and on my 3 phrags!
Shall I close this thread already?

I have a rescue doggo that I named Winston Churchill and thought it would be fun to have a paph of the same name! He had a rough first 5 years, but I’m giving him the best life now! Gratuitous dog pics added for attention.
Hopefully, you will over time be as good an orchid grower as you clearly are, when it comes to caring for and tending to dogs. Winston certainly looks like the cutest little charmer - and what an admirable feat of yours to have nursed him from that horrid state into his present self, where he is so obviously thriving! (He looks, by the way, a bit like Paddington, the bear, in that windshield photo!)

Latest posts

Back