Paph William Ambler 'Carob' HCC/AOC

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is superb! David, where do you buy these?

Thanks Darren. I bought this one as a large division (4 or 5 growths) off John Robertson a few years back. It has grown well for me ever since. When you see these things available you have to snap them up quick as they are so hard to come by here.

David

Absolutely David, I didn't realise John had these. I will have to be more vigilant.

Thanks!

Both spikes open now. The flowers are a little crowded as I wasn't initially aware there would be a 2nd spike. So it was too late to arrange the plant for optimum spike position when I found out. Still it looks pretty nice.

David

paphwilliamambler2010com2.jpg

paphwilliamambler2010com3.jpg

hi David,

fantastic plant even without staging it presents itself
near perfect.
what are the dimensions of the flower ?
a keeper and a breeder
good luck with it
and show it for Judging it will
definitely be awarded
happy orchid growing from Northern Thailand
cliokchi:clap::clap:

Wow, wow, and another WOW! Now I know once again why I want a good William Ambler! I'd forgotten where I'd seen one. This plant is stunning - good luck getting it to judging!

hi David,

fantastic plant even without staging it presents itself
near perfect.
what are the dimensions of the flower ?
a keeper and a breeder
good luck with it
and show it for Judging it will
definitely be awarded
happy orchid growing from Northern Thailand
cliokchi:clap::clap:

Thanks Cliokchi and everyone else.

The flowers are about 23-24 cm across. Petals - 13 cm long. Dorsal - 3.7 cm wide and 6 cm deep.

As Rick said the plant has already received a HCC award, although not by me. I just got a division of it. I guess the award could get upgraded but I probably need more flowers per spike for that.

David

Latest posts

Back