Paph. wilhelminiae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No one has ask so I will. Are these plants from the same seed pod?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Yes, these two are from the same seed pod.

I bought the smaller flower one when it was in bud. I am not satisfied about its size and shape when it opened, so I went to the nursery to find a better one. There are more than 50 wilhelminiae were in flower in that nursery, some are very dark in dorsal, some are very round, some are very big, and some have very horizontal petals, it was very hard to make decision because I can not buy them all. Finally I picked this big one, but never expected it will be thought as a hybrid, haha. I will take more photos and share to you here to show more details, because sometimes we can not identify a species just from one photo, right?

Big one with a lifted pouch and two flowers on the first bloom. I woul be interested to see the plant too.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

It was from Hung Sheng Orchids, maybe it is Paph. wilhelminiae 'Bear' x sib.

There are around hundred of Wilhelminiae clones blooming at Yang-ji, they are all above average in my opinion, don't know if yours and yang-ji's come from the same origin.

If you can post photos of a few of them that would be great.

That 2 species crossed produced a lot of variance in the flowers (as you say) does make me thing about it being a pure species.

There are around hundred of Wilhelminiae clones blooming at Yang-ji, they are all above average in my opinion, don't know if yours and yang-ji's come from the same origin.

Yes, as I know, Yang-Ji's wilhelminiae are also from Hung Sheng Orchids. Lucky to me that he did not pick this one and gave me the chance to got this one.

25463817843_4fe5de8154.jpg

25463805403_416fc2a034.jpg

26066416595_548ea604eb.jpg

26000075401_711219168c.jpg

Let's compare two plants and two flowers.
Hope these photos will be helpful.
Pity that I don't have Paph. William Ambler in flower now to make further comparison.

The large, dark flower is beautiful, but I'm more interested
in the Inu...gorgeous dog...such a wonderful face. Someday would you post a photo of the whole dog?

23326323794_b70ce226ab.jpg

It's a Shiba Inu, glad that you like it.

Back