Paph wilhelminae progression

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
Here blooming (or bloom:))for the first time, wilhelminae
Pgardeneriplant2008.jpg

A better shot of the buds

PgranduliferumCC2.jpg

Jean,
I remember looking at your post and was wondering that same thing. Your flower stem does look very "hairy". My has short hairs but doesn't seem to be as long as yours. Maybe if I can get a close up PIC of mine, it will look the same as yours. Another thing, the leaf span of yours appears to be much longer then mine but I will need to measure mine to be certain. I have 2 of the buds open now but I'm waiting for the petals to settle down before photographing again.
If I were to guess, I would say they are the same species. It's my understanding the main difference between wilhelminae and gardeneri is wil has flat out stretched petals and gar are twisted. Mine are twisted

Looks good! I love the striping and the fact that the plant looks so compact. This one is still on top of my wish list.

Absolutely beautiful! My buds blasted a couple of months ago, grrrrrr.....

Do most people say will-uh-MEEN-ae or will-HELL-min-ae?

Now I see!:) Nice flowers!

The plant is compact and we see well the staminod. But what is it???:p

very nice.

I have two questions as this species has been recommended as a small growing multi floral. What is the leaf span on your plant? AND Does anybody know where to buy a wilhelminae? I have been looking but so far no luck finding one.

very nice.

I have two questions as this species has been recommended as a small growing multi floral. What is the leaf span on your plant? AND Does anybody know where to buy a wilhelminae? I have been looking but so far no luck finding one.

I think Andy's still has them on his list (which is where I got mine). Mine have a leaf span of 6-8 inches.

I think Andy's still has them on his list (which is where I got mine). Mine have a leaf span of 6-8 inches.

He does and I was all set to order one but he says on his site: "Shade to Bright; 1500-2500 Footcandles (indirect light, pronounced shadowing)". Do you think they can be successfully grown under florescent lighting?

He does and I was all set to order one but he says on his site: "Shade to Bright; 1500-2500 Footcandles (indirect light, pronounced shadowing)". Do you think they can be successfully grown under florescent lighting?

Probably, especially if you raise them up near the lights. They also prefer coolish temps which are easier to get under lights than in the GH. You might also consider adding a compact florescent spot light to point right at it.

Yep, it can certainly be done. Mine is kicking butt under 4, 40 watt fluors. Dead center of the garden for max intensity and pretty darn close to the tubes. Got it from Ackers a couple years ago.

-Ernie

Yep, it can certainly be done. Mine is kicking butt under 4, 40 watt fluors. Dead center of the garden for max intensity and pretty darn close to the tubes. Got it from Ackers a couple years ago.

-Ernie

OK I'm getting one.:D What is "pretty darn close?'' Are we talking 2", 4", 6"?

Ed

very nice.

Corbin,
My plant is about 12inchs across. I have it potted in a 3" aircone pot. It came from Piping Rock Orchids, Glenn Decker.:)

Latest posts

Back