Paph wilhelminae 'Pete's Pride'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Greenpaph

Currently in bloom.

PaphwilhelminaePetesPride.jpg

Love it! Is it a first bloom or does this one always have 2 flowers (I know they are not the most floriferous of multis)?

Love it! Is it a first bloom or does this one always have 2 flowers (I know they are not the most floriferous of multis)?

Elena,

It bloomed last year as a first bloom with one flower. This is the second year with 2 flowers. Thanks

It's uncommon for a true wilhelm to have more than two flowers per spike. The larger lowland species (glanduliferum or praestans) which is often mixed in, maybe in the wild too (???), can have 3-4 flowers routinely.

Peter those are great looking flowers. What is the source of your plant, and how big is it?

I have one with blooms opening now too. Maybe we should breed 'em.

Very nice Peter.
As a passing comment, some descriptions of the origins of P.rothschildianum gave New Guinea as it home. Looking at this pic, for the early days, it could have been this plant they actually collected and described, depending, I suppose if they had actually seen the correct roth.

Peter those are great looking flowers. What is the source of your plant, and how big is it?

I have one with blooms opening now too. Maybe we should breed 'em.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Rick.

I obtained the plant from Windy Hill a few years ago. It is 'Equinimity' AM/AOS x 'Ron'.
It is 11 cm across. The petals are 13.5 cm L and 1 cm wide.

Sounds interesting to sib. Send picture of yours.

Latest posts

Back