paph wenshanense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sangii

malipo nut
Reaction score
exactly on time ! last year it bloomed on January 6 !

dscn2942hi2.jpg

Hello Sangii,

Nice flower your P. wenshanense / conco-bellatulum. Mine flowered in May last year.
But I'm uncertain what to write on the tag??:confused:
I read in different articles the description of P. wenshanense as a distinct species refers to the natural hybrid only. The name of the artificial breeded plants (and our plants are artificial crosses) is still P. conco-bellatulum!!!
I think this is really confusing. So how do you handle this problem.

Confused regards from Germany, GuRu.

GuRu said:
Hello Sangii,

Nice flower your P. wenshanense / conco-bellatulum. Mine flowered in May last year.
But I'm uncertain what to write on the tag??:confused:
I read in different articles the description of P. wenshanense as a distinct species refers to the natural hybrid only. The name of the artificial breeded plants (and our plants are artificial crosses) is still P. conco-bellatulum!!!
I think this is really confusing. So how do you handle this problem.

Confused regards from Germany, GuRu.

I'm a bit confused about this too. Anyway I bought this one labelled as bellatulum some years ago, which obviously it is not....I think the original label is still there...:rollhappy:

The taxonomists determined that the supposed natural hybrid formerly named conco-bellatulum is actually a species and named it wenshanse. If your plants are from sib crossings of the plant as found in nature then it will be wenshanse. If it is from a cross of concolor x bellatulum, then it is conco-bellatulum. You might have to ask the hybridizer.

Latest posts

Back