Paph wehnsenense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a sweet little thing! :)

If my memory doesn't elude me, the natural hybrid of bellatulum x concolor was introduced into cultivation under the name of Paph. concobellatulum (notice the taxonomically strange feature of the hybrid-name being spelled with a small 'c'). Later, I think, the name was changed to Paph. x wenshanense to distinguish it from the man made hybrid of the same species, namely Paph. Concobellatulum.

Kind regards,
Jens

Last edited:
I'm not going to get a wild collected plant so conco x bellatulum and the name wehnsenense, to me are the same, I don't care

What a sweet little thing! :)

If my memory doesn't elude me, the natural hybrid of bellatulum x concolor was introduced into cultivation under the name of Paph. concobellatulum (notice the taxonomically strange feature of the hybrid-name being spelled with a small 'c'). Later, I think, the name was changed to Paph. x wenshanense to distinguish it from the man made hybrid of the same species, namely Paph. Concobellatulum.

Kind regards,
Jens

Your memory doesn't elude you......but usual these facts cause a lot of confusion.
Lovely flower.

Latest posts

Back