Paph Warmest Regards

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Barry

Reaction score
Paphiopedilum Warmest Regards
Sarella x spicerianum

Nothing to shout about, but a relatively fast grower and reliable bloomer. From the old Rod McClellan company in South San Francisco.

warmestregards1.jpg

Regards,
Rick

What?? I LOVE that! Quick, fling it over the border to me. :D

Yay spicerianum hybrids*!!!

*used without permission (of NYEric). :evil:

I have a real soft spot for the old (and the newer) Paph. spicerianum hybrids and the way they turn into specimen plants so quickly. I really like this flower and I'll bet it looks fantastic with 10-12 flowers on a multi-growth plant.

I'm with Scott, absolutely lovely. The more I see of these hybrids, the more I like their charm.
I hope the small colour break in the dorsal is an exception.

Best wishes,

Carsten

who can't wait for his Copperspices to bloom

Interesting combination of colors. Very pleasing on the eye. I noticed the spicie staminode coming through as well.

Rick, this is similar to the P.Copperspice plants produced by Ratcliffes and repeated many times. The odd god shaped one has appeared but almost every seedling flowered were 'cheerful' to look at. They seemed to be attractive regardless of the shape. This one is definitely cheerful.

Thanks for the comments.

I don't mean to disparage the flower. I just don't think it quite measures up to today's best complexes. That doesn't mean that I don't consider it a keeper, especially given its vigor. I do like the color scheme, which seems appropriate for a fall bloomer.

One year it had five flowers on one blooming, and I thought that was pretty impressive for a complex. Getting ten or twelve might be a bit of a challenge.

The streak on the right of the dorsal is specific to this flower, and other blooms have had streaks located elsewhere, and sometimes they don't appear at all.

(Warmest) Regards,
Rick

Latest posts

Back