Paph volonteanum leaves yellowing

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

verres

Reaction score
Hi all,

New to forum..thought id ask for help. New P. volonteanum just arrived a week or so ago... it had some discolor to leaves when it arrived...yellowing and the crease in the top leaf had an orange-ish color... it had one active growing root (potted in 100% sphagnum) and i transplant to a mix of bark/volcanic stone/oyster shell and sphagnum... its in well shaded spot in a warm greenhouse ... and im keeping it damp but not soaked... but the yellowing has increased...

any thoughts?

Thanks,
Chris in Oregon

Attachments

verres

Reaction score
heres a close up of plant from before i purchased it... i went back to review it an you cab see leaf bases of the now yellowed leaves were already yellow... does this mean crown rot or some chronic condition? Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Chris
20200731_202110.jpg

Ozpaph

Reaction score
look decidedly unhealthy. It could be mites or scale (cleaned off). Hopefully not rot. Watch it closely.

musa

Reaction score
Indeed it is unhealthy. I would inform the vendor just in case, with a remark that you are trying to save it, but it gives you a better position if it should be rot or develop rot as a consequence of the damage it already had at its arrival.

BrucherT

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Dang this looks bad. I wonder if there’s a magnesium issue?

verres

Reaction score
theres a new leaf that is the correct color... i did cut the yellowed leaves off... just waiting to see how it fares...

Latest posts