Paph violacea coerulea

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

L I Jane

This is the strangest thing! For a few months now I've had this new leaf growing up on a 90 degree angle from the center but it was only a 1/2 leaf leaving no room for any other leaf to emerge so I figured it was the "kiss of death"--like having a spike grow up the center. See pic # 1
This morning I saw a tiny openeing on the side of the 1/2 leaf so I gently teased it open--see pic 2 & it readily separated & now it looks normal so that any new leaf can emerge.The plant is grown with my other violaceas & bellinas on the same tray in the same window & they all get the same light.Strange isn't it????
OrchidDSC003.jpg

OrchidDSC.jpg

Thanks Peter --that never really entered my mind! I do have them on a humidity tray filled with water all the time but that could clearly be the cause of the funny leaf :) .This leaf is 2 1/2 " long.Thanks for your input.

Can I ask you Jane, how often do you water your Phals that are in S/H? I have been watering mine once a week, and it seems like maybe too much.

:rollhappy: :rollhappy: :rollhappy: :rollhappy:
Just realized what I had done when Little Frog nudged me!Of course it is a phal not a paph.

I water once a week --sometimes more--just depending on how full the 'well' is.And you Mr. Couscous--no comment!!!:D

Latest posts

Back