Paph. villosum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulolo

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
20191105_143328.jpg
First flowering seedling - second bloom blasted but this one is huge. I really like it but I purchased it as fairrieanum for a fair amount of money. Shame, I love fairrieanum!

Shame on the vendor for selling you a Paph. villosum var. laichaunum.
How long have you had it and will the vendor send you a replacement fairrieanum?

I've had it several years and I'm sure the vendor wouldn't want to replace it after this length of time. I'd choose fairrieanum over this any time but am pleased that the flower is so pretty. I'll make a note with your suggestion on the variety. Thanks!

Most welcome. Let me know how long the flower last. Apparently villosums can bloom for 60 days! So far, my fairrieanum "Pankot' is in bloom for over 3 weeks now.

Sadly the flower only lasted a couple of weeks. Wonder if the flower will last longer in subsequent flowerings?
Here is another villosum flowering now
20191226_115154.jpg
This is a very vigorous plant in 6 years I've been able to make 4 plants . The smallest division has about 8 growths the largest has about 20 growths.

I like villosums and fairrieanum. My villosum flower was about 1.5 months old when it was awarded and it lasted quite a while after that. Unfortunately I never recorded the total length of time it lasted. This time I will try and remeber to do that. I think anyone who buys seedlings has had the wrong plant experience. There is probably a multiude of reasons why it happens, but it is maddening after 2 or 3 years of growing something you find out it's the wrong something. I feel like the culprit when I let the vendor know, but I've had satisfactory results non the less.
Don

If it's of any consolation, Bulolo, I find your misdiagnosed "fairreanum" a damn good flower in it's own right...and would personally choose it over your vigorous growing clone, that you published second!

Latest posts

Back