Paph. villosum x Amber Star

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two flowers this year but neither are as good and the first only lasted a couple of weeks.
This is the second flower this year.PXL_20230128_104746210.jpg

I like this, especially the color of the 2020 blooming. It's strange, though, that in 2019 the staminode looked normal, in 2020 it looked like it had a nibble out of it, and this year it's missing.

I like this, especially the color of the 2020 blooming. It's strange, though, that in 2019 the staminode looked normal, in 2020 it looked like it had a nibble out of it, and this year it's missing.
You're right - hadn't noticed that. Just checked the compost bin and the previous bloom this year was the same! I wonder if that is related to the plant's growth? It was struggling a bit before I put it into semihydro and this might have affected the blooming?

Sorry, I can't offer an opinion on that, I've never grown my Paphs semi-hydro. I think that in a hybrid it's more likely that the genetics just got a bit scrambled. It's still a very attractive flower.

Back