Paph. vietnamense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

The flower stock is only about 3" tall and very stiff. The leaves were quite dark until the bud showed then started to lighten fairly quickly.

This is pretty much the true colour.

This picture is underneath facing up, that is why it looks lighter. I was afraid I would damage the flower stock if I tried to pull it up straight with a stake.
Don

I think it is a bad decision to let a weak plant such as this flower. The bud should have been removed as soon as you could grab hold of it and the plant given intensive care. Unless you have perfect conditions for it now I think you will most likely lose it. Flowering takes a large toll on the plant. It's like doing a marathon when you have the flu.

I think it is a bad decision to let a weak plant such as this flower. The bud should have been removed as soon as you could grab hold of it and the plant given intensive care. Unless you have perfect conditions for it now I think you will most likely lose it. Flowering takes a large toll on the plant. It's like doing a marathon when you have the flu.
Thanks Mike. When the bud formed the leaves were dark and shiny. I mistakenly thought that what was going on was part of the plants normal thing. I will definitely keep your advice in mind for the future.
Don

Back