Paph vietnamense x armeniacum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sangii

malipo nut
Reaction score
finally opened today after such a long wait ( 6 months+ since I first noticed a spike forming) :rolleyes:

dscn2996xt8.jpg

dscn2998fy3.jpg

Looks like armeniacum is quite dominant in this cross, at least colorwise, except for the pouch.... Flower is very big compared to the plant : 10 cm high, 10 cm across....

Six months, wow, now that's patience. Love the colour and the pouch in just wonderful.

Looks like the first step toward truely peach colored Paphs. Yellow Orange and orange red are not common colors in Paphs.
Cool.

NYEric said:
I LIKE! Can you post a picture of the whole plant?

here you go, under artificial light, which makes the flower looks more peach color than it really is..it's a single growth plant, LS about 25 cm

dscn2991am5.jpg

paphreek said:
It's interesting that vietnamense does not have the yellow color suppressing trait that delenatii has.

I was thinking the same thing. Armeni White (arm x del) is the perfect example too.

-Ernie

I think the yellow is the dominate colour in all paph armeniacum x (delanatii, micranthum, etc.) ...The yellow is still dominate here but for some reason it leaves a few hints of pink:)

Latest posts

Back